Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ah, Spring!

I'm trying to fly as much as I can and have been doing okay. Work and life sometimes get in the way but I'm up to 98 flights total with 26 of them in the 1-26 single seat glider. I'm feeling ready to move up to the 1-34 now and am looking forward to making the jump.

In the meantime, I'm flying on weekends and on Wednesday nights when we do training, if I can. It's great to see a lot of students out there (me included!) as it keeps the club strong and we're always enthusiastic about what would be a very small achievement for the veterans in the club.

It's also a great way to make friends. Yesterday two of us took a sunset cruise over the Chemung valley at the end of training. I hadn't taken any passengers up this year so it was kind of nice to have someone else ride along!

The air was smooth with no lift but it didn't matter. The views were great and Brian took some great pictures. You can see them all here. Below are a couple of my favorites.

3,000 feet and all is well!



Hmmm....let's see....speed 55, check. Trim, set. Spoilers, checked. Enter downwind heading north over the farmhouse, pick your landing spot, control your speed, set down where you mean to, always be ready to adjust for conditions. Check!

Thanks to Brian for taking some cool pictures. Much easier to have a photographer along for the ride!


No comments: