Monday, June 22, 2015

Wet Spring - yecch!

The glorious early spring soaring left and the rains came, keeping me grounded over the last few weeks, mostly.  Twice my commercial pilot duty was washed out by overcast and rain.

However, our operations are now picking up pace as we started 7 day a week ops this week and will keep it up through the end of August.  The weather today (Monday) was predictably glorious with beautiful blue skies and puffy cumulus clouds.  Sigh.

I'll have to be targeting a day to go XC during the week.  That's better than hoping a weekend will work.  I'm so eager to fly, I scheduled a couple of Junior intro tours this Wednesday during our senior training so I can take the kids for a quick demo ride!

Also, coming up quickly is the Standard and 15 meter National contest we'll host at the end of July.  It's a lot of effort, but also great exposure for the Juniors as they work the line and learn from the best each day.

There's still plenty of soaring to be had - I've just got to position myself for it.

No comments: