Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What Harris Hill looks like this Spring

  That picture pretty much sums up what has to be the worst and soggiest Spring I've ever seen.  I've only lived here for 5 years so I can't really speak to what Spring normally looks like around here -except for my recent experience.  However, old-timers say it's nothing like this.  Spring usually arrives with clear skies, moderate temps and the promise of outstanding soaring - day after day.  We do get the rains, but they come and then they go.  They don't hang on for a week at a time!

It's getting downright disheartening to look at the weather forecast these days.  Right now, the last good, flyable day we had was the middle of last week.  Naturally, I was on a business trip and couldn't be here for it.  I tried to check in on the webcam but it was mysteriously down for two days then fixed itself before I could head out to the Hill to see what was the matter.

Outlook for the weekend is similar to this week - cloudy, rainy.  We've got a regional contest coming up in June and I'm wondering if the weather is going to cooperate!  Here's hoping the weather breaks - SOON.


No comments: