Monday, April 5, 2010

Weather station takes a step forward...



Saturday, I managed to get the HHSC weather station mounted. Thanks to Burke Carson and Doug...sorry Doug, I forgot your last name! Both were a great help to put the station up on the side of the flight center on a REALLY blustery day!

It's not perfect, of course. I chose to use a length of pvc pipe about 8 feet high but when we got it up, it's not really as rigid as I hoped for and it oscillates in the wind. And the day we put it up, the winds were pretty strong - 20 gusting to 30 mph.

I think we'll have to replace the pipe with something metal, unfortunately. I shouldn't have tried to cheap out on this part of the install.

Ominously, the blasted console is also giving me a lot of trouble powering up. I'm going to have to call Davis wether systems, It had this issue before.

Meanwhile, I've purchased an Ebay WiFi router and some parts to build a cantenna for the museum WiFi connection. The parts should be here soon.

No comments: