Monday, July 25, 2011

First commercial passenger

Yesterday I was at Harris Hill and the scheduled commercial pilot was a no-show.  The clouds were only about 1,200 feet so the only flying going on was training.  Short hops up, then back for landing.  There was little wind, but with the deck so low it wasn't suitable for passenger rides.

After noon, to the east a big hole opened up and the promised clearing began in earnest.  At about that time we had several inquiries about passenger rides.  I agreed to take one -my first commercial passenger.  There wasn't too much lift but we found some zero sink and I managed to extend the ride for a little bit, then turned into the pattern to land.

Everything went smoothly and as he was getting out of the glider, he exclaimed, "Wow!  That was incredible!"  I thought so, too.  I thanked him for flying with us and pushed the glider back into line.

No comments: